Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with a mixture of spinach, artichokes and a mixture of cheeses. Topped with marinara sauce and baked to perfection. A meatless meal the whole family will enjoy!
It’s time once again for our Freaky Friday blog hop! This winter edition will prove to be a good one. There has been a lot of chatter between the bloggers in this round, talking about how awesome their recipes are. I can’t wait to see what everyone made!
I was super duper excited to get my assignment this round. Angela, from LeMoine Family Kitchen is just a doll. She is one of the nicest bloggers I have ever had the pleasure of “meeting.” When I say meeting — I mean online. We have a close-knit group of food bloggers, and I feel like I have known many of them for a long, long time!
What is Freaky Friday? It’s a group I put together two years ago with some of my favorite blogger buddies. We are secretly assigned one another’s blogs, and cook/bake from there. We all reveal on one day at the same time. That day is TODAY!
When I was assigned Angela’s blog, I knew already that I would be making something Italian. Angela’s Italian roots run deep. Her grandparents came here straight from Italy. She grew up having big family meals filled with lots of good food! She married her high school sweetheart., and together they have two boys. Angela, like me, is a stay-at-home-Mom, and family is very important to her.
When I went to her blog to pick out my recipe, I went straight to the “Pasta Recipes” tab. I mean, why WOULDN’T I? I narrowed it down to four recipes, This Homemade Pappardelle Bolognese, this Linguine in a Creamy Artichoke Sauce, her Lemon Asparagus Risotto and what I chose, her Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Shells.
Don’t think Angela only shares Italian recipes, though! She has a giant recipe box FILLED with deliciousness! — little secret? If you love scones, she is your girl!
I have always wanted to make something with those Jumbo Shells! These were stuffed with fresh spinach, marinated artichokes, ricotta and 4 Cheese Italian blend cheese.
Simply wilt fresh spinach on the stove. Only take a couple of minutes.
Combine it with the ricotta, Italian shredded cheese blend, artichokes, a couple of eggs and Salt and Pepper.
If you love spinach artichoke dip, you are sure to love these stuffed shells!
Fill them up, and line the bottom of a baking pan.
Pour marinara over the top and bake.
Top with fresh Parmesan before serving.
A great meatless meal, the whole family will enjoy!
- 1 (1 lb) package jumbo pasta shells
- 1 jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup rough chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 10 (6 oz0 bag fresh baby spinach
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1½ cups Six Blend Italian shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the pasta shells according to the package instructions, stopping just shy of the al dente stage. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, add the olive oil and spinach. Cook spinach, stirring constantly, until wilted. Squeeze out any excess liquid. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked spinach, eggs, ricotta cheese, artichoke hearts, shredded cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Prepare a large baking pan by coating the bottom with some of the marinara sauce.
- Stuff each pasta shell with filling and place into the baking sheet. Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the shells.
- Bake 30 minutes.Sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese before serving
See all of my past FREAKY FRIDAY RECIPES HERE.
Love Pasta Like WE LOVE PASTA? Here are a couple of “keepers!”