Make these mouthwatering BBQ pork Sandwiches right in your crock pot. Slow cooking a pork loin roast all day and making it’s very own Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce. Grab a napkin!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Paisley Farm, but the opinions are all my own. Thank you for supporting the companies and products that make An Affair from the Heart possible.
Who’s ready for a dripping BBQ sauce down your chin, multiple napkins required crock pot recipe? These Dr. Pepper BBQ Pork Sandwiches got rave reviews at our house this week. I couldn’t WAIT to share them with all of you!
My friends from Paisley Farm have asked me to share a couple of recipes with you, over the next month, that would accompany their bean salads. Today I am sharing their Five Bean Salad. All of Paisley Farm’s products are wholesome and organic. No crazy off the wall ingredients here. Their Five Bean Salad contains Green beans, Wax Beans, Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans and Ceci Beans. In addition to that, you will find water, cane sugar, onions, vinegar, red peppers and sea salt. Nothing crazy … nothing you can’t pronounce.
From Paisley Farm:
“Times may have changed, but the taste for quality, flavorful convenient bean salads and marinated vegetables has remained as the bedrock for meals. Appetizers, side dishes, garnishes, and dips, make up the wonderful world of tastes that Paisley Farm brings to your kitchen pantry or table. Since 1945 we’ve been bringing the flavor, from farm to jar to you.”
I gave a lot of thought to just what I wanted to make for Paisley Farm. I decided a delicious BBQ Sandwich, that’s made in the crock pot sounded like the perfect idea. First off, it’s easy. It’s not time consuming, and it keeps families around the dinner table and out of the drive thru. Even on the nights when everyone is running in a different direction, dinner is right there in the crock pot, when they are home and ready for dinner. Open a jar of Paisley Farm Five Bean Salad and dinner is done.
The pork loin roast slow cooks all day, and when you’re done, it’s made it’s own BBQ Sauce.
My daughter said “What kind of BBQ sauce is this?” “My very own. Made it myself!” (insert Mom bow here)
In your crock pot, add your pork loin roast, a few ingredients like brown sugar, garlic, ketchup, Sriracha, honey, a little Worcestershire sauce and a can of Dr. Pepper. Cover and let it slow cook for about 5 hours on high or 8 on low.
Remove the pork from the crock pot. Add some corn starch and water to the sauce in the crock pot to thicken it up.
Shred pork, set aside until sauce is thickened.
I reserved about a cup of sauce, in case anyone wanted extra, and then added the meat back into the crock pot. Grab some buns and dig in!
Don’t forget to have plenty of napkins!
- 4.5 pound Pork Loin Roast
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup raw honey
- 2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (add more if you want to really spice them up)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can Dr. Pepper or Dr. Pepper Cherry soda
- For thickening: ½ cup corn starch mixed into ½ cup water
- Place contents in slow cooker. Give a stir to incorporate and spoon over the top of the roast.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Remove roast. Set aside.
- Place your crock pot on high. Add ½ cup corn starch mixed into ½ cup of water. Whisk into sauce. Cover and let simmer in the pot for about 15-20 mins. Sauce will thicken. (if you want to really speed this process up, place the crock from your crock pot in your microwave and it will thicken in a couple of minutes. )
- Shred pork.
- Add pork back into the thickened sauce and stir to combine. (I reserved about a cup of extra sauce for additional if anyone wanted a little extra)
- Serve hot on buns.
Try this Five Bean Chicken Chili – Made with Paisley Farm Five Bean Salad