This super moist quick bread is sweet, with flavors of pure almond extract, cream cheese and maraschino cherries.
Grey winter days call for making/BAKING your own sunshine!
This bread is just what days like that are begging for.
Heck — this bread is for any ‘ol day. It’s THAT good. I gave some to my dad, and he shared some with his friend. Later that day I got a text saying it was the best bread she had ever eaten!
This recipe came out of an old church cookbook my grandmother gave me way back when. I dig them out from time to time, because the recipes are ALWAYS good. I mean, who wants to attach their name to a recipe in a cookbook purchased and read by people at your church that is bad? Right, nobody. You submit something to a church cookbook, and it’s your tried and true winning recipes.
Honestly, it was a wonder the bread actually had enough batter to be made at all. Holy smokes, is it good!
It baked up so pretty, didn’t it? Sidebar: I love these tea towels! (actually tea towels in general — it’s a bit of an addiction.) But these mean the world to me, because my Aunt embroidered them. I have a whole set, all with different fruits on them.
Slice it up and serve it warm with a glass of cold milk and watch it disappear!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup), softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup maraschino cherries , quartered
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a loaf pan. Set aside.
- In your mixer, cream together cream cheese, butter, sugar, almond extract and eggs until fluffy.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix until incorporated.
- Fold in cherries.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Some of our other favorite breads: