Love those lettuce wraps at PF Changs? Easily make them at home as a salad!
I don’t think I have ever met anyone who didn’t like PF Chang’s lettuce wraps.
There is just something about them!
My mom makes a copy cat version of their lettuce wraps at home all of the time.
A while ago, my buddy, Justine, from Full Belly Sisters made this Asian Lettuce Wrap Chicken Chopped Salad and I thought what a great idea!
I had pinned this copy cat recipe for Copy Cat PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps from Damn Delicious a long time ago. I decided it was time to try the recipe, but switch it up and make a salad.
Why? Because … EASY.
I didn’t change much about the recipe I tried, other than not making it a wrap, and I subbed out the olive oil for sesame oil. I love that nuttiness it adds to Asian inspired meals.
Instead of stuffing it inside butter lettuce leaves, I bought a bag of butter lettuce and just tossed it together. It was insanely good! We will be having this one often.
The flavors of Hoisin, soy, ginger and garlic and the crunch of the lettuce, onions and water chestnuts makes this salad an exceptional meal that everyone will enjoy.
- ½ Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha, optional
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- Tops of 3 green onions, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- I bag of ready to serve butter lettuce
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes, make sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain any excess fat.
- Mix in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pour bag of lettuce in a big bowl. Top with meat mixture, and toss. Serve immediately.