Chewy peanut butter cookies filled with chunks of semi-sweet chocolate. Make them huge or bite sized … but just make them!
Slightly crispy around the edges … chewy on the inside and filled with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
That’s how I love my chocolate chip cookies.
I really love chocolate chip cookies, so much so that I may even say they are my favorite. Except I really love my Mom’s Peanut Butter Cookies a.k.a. Grandma Jane’s Peanut Butter Cookies.
I have made Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies a couple of times before, but honestly, the recipe wasn’t ever really worth sharing. Until now.
I did some research, and found this one, It had a 5 star rating, and all of the comments were positive.
I decided it was time to give them another try.
Let me start by telling you … these cookie are a handful. Literally.
You use a 1/4 cup of cookie dough for EACH cookie. That’s a BIG cookie. Of course, if you want them smaller, make them smaller.
I made half of the dough into bite sized cookies. They were perfect either way. Although, I think the bite sized ones were more dangerous, because first, they are just that bite-sized — pop them right in your mouth. Second, they are bite-sized … you can’t eat just one, or four …. but I am not here to judge.
So grab that jar of peanut butter, and bake up some of these cookies for someone you love — Just like I did!
- ½ cup (one stick) butter, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (11.5 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks, slightly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time and beat to combine. Stir in corn syrup, water, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt; add into the peanut butter mixture. Mix to combine. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Drop by ¼ cupfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. (I used an ice cream scoop)
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool for one minute on cookie sheets before moving to wire racks to cool completely.
- To make the smaller, bite-sized version, drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake for 8-9 minutes, or until edges become golden.
Here are a couple of other delicious peanut butter recipes to check out while your cookies are baking.