This Chicken, Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup is loaded with flavor. Pour yourself a big bowl and enjoy each and every bite!
This recipe post is sponsored by Paisley Farm Organic Foods, but all of the opinions are my very own. Thank you for supporting the companies that help make An Affair from the Heart possible.
Soup. My comfort food.
In my opinion, there is just nothing like it. I have so many soup recipes that I work my way through year ’round, and adding new ones always makes me happy. It’s one food I never tire of. Do you have a food like that?
To say that I was EXTRA excited with how this Chicken , Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup turned out, would be a major understatement!
Last month, I shared a recipe with you using these Paisley Farm Organic Marinated Mushrooms. It was a recipe for Chicken & Mushroom Appetizer Skewers. They were super yummy, and I knew I needed to try these little beauties in something warm, like a soup! Best part about these button mushrooms? They are marinated with red pepper flakes, oregano and garlic, and so full of flavor, it takes away the work of adding any spices other than a little black pepper.
Julianned carrots, crisp celery, mushrooms and some onion.
Sauteed with diced chicken. Add some chicken stock and you are on your way to a delicious and hearty meal.
Trust me, you won’t walk away hungry from a bowl of this soup!
- 4 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 chicken breasts, about 1 pound, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1½ cups Julianned carrots
- 2 cups Paisley Farm Organic Marinated Mushrooms, drained and sliced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 (8.8 ounce packages Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice (cooks in 90 second version)
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup heavy cream (can substitute Half & Half)
- In a stock pot, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter. Add to it diced chicken, onion and celery, saute until chicken is cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Add carrots to the chicken, saute for about 3 minutes, add mushrooms and saute for a couple of minutes more. Add pepper, chicken bouillon and chicken stock, give it a stir and cover the pot. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until chicken and veggies are desired tenderness.
- In a separate small pan, melt remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter. Add flour and whisk to make a roux. Whisk in cream until smooth. Stir into soup.
- Serve hot.
I am so grateful to Paisley Farm for letting me “play with food” and come up with a recipe for them. They are such a wonderful company, and they truly pride themselves on helping to bring organic vegetables right to your table.
“From Paisley Farm to Jar to Your Table: Times may have changed, but the taste for quality, flavorful convenient bean salads and marinated vegetables has remained as the bedrock for meals. Appetizers, side dishes, garnishes, and dips, make up the wonderful world of tastes that Paisley Farm brings to your kitchen pantry or table. Since 1945 we’ve been bringing the flavor, from farm to jar to you.”