Delicious broccoli salad filled with bacon, raisins, and cashews – covered in a sweet dressing.
My sister in law, Sue, the one who is famous for that taco salad you all are crazy about, made this super yummy broccoli salad when we visited them last month. I fell in love with it at first bite!
I quickly put some in a bowl (before I ate it all myself) and took a picture of it.
Who couldn’t use a great salad recipe? This is perfect for barbecues, or it would be a great pot luck recipe!
Give it a try, and be sure to let me know what you think of it.
- For the salad:
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 bunches fresh broccoli, chopped
- 6 green onions , sliced
- 1⁄2-1 cup raisins or craisins, or a mixture of both
- 1⁄2-1 cup cashews
- For the Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Place broccoli in a large bowl. Add onion, raisins and nuts, toss.
- In a small bowl mix dressing ingredients until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour dressing over the salad, toss to combine. Add in bacon toss again. Serve room temperature.
Wondering about that taco salad I mentioned before? Here’s the recipe!