This light summertime or anytime meal is easy, and cooks up in your crock pot or on your stove top in no time. Buffalo chicken lettuce wraps are perfect for the whole family!
Throwing chicken in the crock pot makes life not only easy, but cools the kitchen down in the summertime.
I posted this recipe about 4 years ago, and we still enjoy it to this day. Matter of a fact, we had them last night!
Simply toss the chicken breasts in the crock pot, with a little chicken stock, and Frank’s Hot Wing sauce and let them go. Shred the meat up, wrap it up in some lettuce with a little broccoli slaw and a sprinkling of sunflower seeds and you have a nice light summertime meal the whole family will enjoy.
Didn’t think far enough in advance to throw them in the crock pot? The chicken cooks up on the stove top in no time — don’t fret! 😉
- 4 - 6 chicken breasts
- Frank's hot wing sauce (or your favorite brand) to taste
- chicken stock
- For serving: broccoli slaw, sunflower seeds and bib lettuce
- Spray your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom. Pour about ½ cup of chicken stock over the top.
- Pour hot wing sauce over the top, I used about half the bottle for 6 chicken breasts, and reserved the rest for topping if you wanted to later. Don't use quite as much if you don't like a lot of spice, you can always add more later.
- Cook on low all day. Shred.
- Tear large pieces of iceberg lettuce or leaf lettuce, top with chicken, broccoli slaw and sunflower seeds. Wrap and enjoy!