These chocolate banana muffins are so moist and flavorful, you will make them again and again!
Friends. This just may be my favorite new recipe find. My in-laws gave me a cookbook at Christmastime, and I was thumbing through it the other day. It’s a cookbook with recipes from people around the town where he grew up in Iowa. I happened upon this recipe for Double Chocolate Banana Muffins. It comes from a woman, named Suzanne, in Defiance, Iowa.
I had some bananas sitting sadly on the counter, just waiting to be transformed into something delicious, and all of the ingredients on hand for these muffins. They were CRAZY GOOD! So, good, in fact, they were gone in a flash, and I made them again a week later. Give them a try — I know you won’t be disappointed!
Moist chocolate banana muffins, with LOTS of mini-chocolate chips. Oh, MY!
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1⅓ cup ripe mashed bananas, about 3 bananas
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 12 muffins cups with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together dry ingredients, set aside.
- In your mixer, combine mashed bananas, oil and egg. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups about ¾ full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.