Layers of yellow cake, coconut pudding, whipped cream and toasted coconut will have you swooning! This coconut cake is for the coconut cake and pie lovers alike!
A couple of weeks ago, I made this cake in honor of my Father and Mother In Law’s 55th wedding anniversary. Both of them are BIG fans of coconut. My Coconut Cream Pie is one they often request.
This cake is super easy to make and is so amazing! Give it a try soon.
- 1 box yellow cake mix + eggs, oil and water to prepare according to package instructions
- 1½ teaspoons coconut extract
- 4 cups milk
- 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes of coconut pudding
- 2 packages Dream Whip, prepared according to package instructions + ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cups toasted coconut
- Prepare cake according to package instructions in a 9x13 baking dish. (don't forget to add the coconut extract to your mix!) Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, prepare the two boxes of coconut pudding with the four cups of milk. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- When cake has cooled a few minutes, with the handle of a wooden spoon (or something similar in size) make poke holes all over the cake, poking all of the way down to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the pudding mixture over the warm cake, using the back of a spoon to spread the pudding over the top, making sure it gets down in the holes. Place cake in the refrigerator to completely cool.
- Prepare Dream Whip according to package instructions. Spread over the top of the pudding. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, and keep in the refrigerator.
Never toasted coconut before? It’s really easy, find out HERE.