Creamy mashed potatoes baked with French fried onions and cheese.
Looking for a new side dish? Well, I have just the thing.
We love potatoes, don’t you? Sometimes though, I am looking for a new way to fix them.
This recipe is a great accompaniment to just about any meal, but is perfect when you are already baking the main dish. Add this to the oven and voila!
Use left over mashed potatoes, or even instant to make things even quicker.
Topped with French fried onions … how could they be bad???
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⅓ cups French Fried Onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine mashed potatoes with sour cream, milk and garlic powder.
- Spoon half of potato mixture into the casserole dish. Top with ⅔ cup French friend onions and ½ cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Top with remaining potatoes and remaining ⅔ cup onions and ½ cup cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes or until onions are golden.
Here is another yummy one: Loaded Mashed Potatoes