Clean out the pantry and use up the leftover snacks for this amazing white chocolate covered snack mix.
I am channeling my inner Joan today. Joan was one of the sweetest, kindest bloggers I ever had the pleasure of getting to know. I am sure you may have heard of her blog, Chocolate, Chocolate and More? Joan, passed away late in 2015, and she left a hole in the blogging community.
Anytime you wanted to whip up something chocolate, you could visit her blog and have a multitude of recipes to choose from. (and it’s not ALL chocolate — but mostly, and I think that’s grand!)
Every time I saw this recipe pop up in my facebook newsfeed, I thought to myself, “I need to try that.”
Recently, I was chatting with Gail, she is married to my husband’s cousin. Not sure what that makes her to me? “My husband’s first cousin’s wife?” — she and I have become good friends, so let’s call it that. 😉 Gail loves to read blogs and we text back and forth all of the time. I found out that she loves Valentine’s Day just like me! She told me that last year, she made a white trash mix and put it in cute little trash cans for Valentine treats. It reminded me of the White Trash that Joan always raved about. I decided it was time to clean out my pantry and try her recipe.
That’s the beauty of this recipe. You pretty much use up the remains of cereal, chips, candy, nuts that you have in the pantry. I think this is the perfect time of the year to make it, because I had tons of opened M&M’s different flavors, the bottoms of chips and cereal. When the holidays are over I have all kinds of miscellaneous stuff in the pantry!
So switch it up, use your imagination and your own “leftovers” and whip up some white trash for somebody you love!
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 2 cups corn chips (like fritos or bugles)
- 2 cups cereal (chex or cheerios)
- 10 golden Oreos, broken in pieces
- 1 cup nuts
- 1 package (24 oz) white almond bark or candy melts, melted according to package
- Spread pretzels, corn chips, cereal, Oreos and nuts on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Melt almond bark according to package instructions, Drizzle over the snack mix. Move around to coat. Add M&M's and sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Place somewhere cool until almond bark is set. Break apart. Store in airtight container.
Original recipe from Chocolate Chocolate and More.
Check out these other Valentine Mixes, too!