Luscious no bake cheesecake with the flavors of coconut and pineapple served up in a cute little martini shooter glass, a perfect New Year’s Eve dessert!
New Year’s Eve is upon us. That means the holiday festivities are coming to a close. The days of indulgent eating will be replaced by promises of turning over a new leaf; of eating better and taking better care of ourselves.
Let’s think of this dessert as a “transitional dessert.” It’s still a luscious flavorful dessert that will have you licking your spoon clean, but it’s less than 100 calories, and you would never in your wildest dreams believe it!
How on Earth was I able to achieve that, you may ask? This recipe is made with Born Sweet® Zing™ Baking Blend!
Zing™ Baking Blend is made with stevia leaf extract and pure cane sugar, and only has 5 calories per serving. You can feel good about using Zing™ Stevia Sweetener products, because they are made with only real ingredients—nothing artificial!
Ever since we had our children, we do the same thing on New Year’s Eve. The hubby and I go out for a nice dinner early in the evening, sometimes alone, sometimes with friends. We always go to this quaint little Italian place minutes from our home, and when we are through, we come back here, and celebrate with the kids. For many years, we have also been joined by our nieces and nephews, too. We play lots of games and watch the ball drop on TV.
Even though we have an early dinner, it’s always good to have some snacks for later on, right? I love to have a dip or two on hand for noshing on, and of course, something sweet, too. No need for heavy desserts though, just a little individual sweet treat will do.
That’s why these shooters were PERFECT! Sometimes you just want a little bit of something sweet.
I am flexible though, I made these two ways, that way, if you ARE planning a regular meal, you could serve these in a stemless martini glass for dessert. Guess what? They are still under 150 calories per serving!
Don’t worry though, you won’t need to spend all day slaving in the kitchen. These deserts take only minutes to make. Simply whir your graham crackers, coconut, butter and Zing™ Baking Blend together in your food processor to make your “crust.” Whip together cream cheese, sour cream, coconut, pineapple some rum and coconut extract and you have your filling!
Press some of the “crust mixture” into the bottom of your chosen glass. Top with cheesecake mixture.
If desired, place a fresh pineapple wedge on the edge of the glass, top the cheesecake with a simple sprinkle of crust mixture and a cherry on top! So festive!
It’s perfect for kids and adults alike.
Zing™ Baking Blend is easy to use. If you’re wondering how much you need to use in one of your recipes, check out their conversion chart for simple to follow instructions. Then you can start SlenderiZing your own recipes by sweetening with fewer calories!
I zested a little key lime over the top of the shooters. How would you top yours?
- For the Crust:
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs (four graham sheets)
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons cold butter (I used I can't Believe it's not Butter spread)
- 1 teaspoon Zing™ Baking Blend
- For the Cheesecake:
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1½ Tablespoons Zing™ Baking Blend
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup fresh pineapple, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 Tablespoon pineapple
- Optional Garnish: Pineapple wedge, lime zest, maraschino cherries, additional sprinkling of crust mixture
- For the crust: In your food processor, whir together graham crackers, coconut, butter and Zing™ Baking Blend. Set aside.
- For the cheesecake: Cream together cream cheese, sour cream, Zing™ Baking Blend, zest and extracts. Fold in coconut, pineapple and juice.
- To assemble 6 martini glasses: Press ¼ cup of crust mixture into the bottom of the glass, top with ⅓ cup cheesecake mixture. Reserve a bit of the crust mixture for sprinkling over the top if desired. Garnish with pineapple wedge and a Maraschino cherry if desired.
- To assemble 16 (2 ounce) shooters: Press 1½ Tablespoon crust mixture into the bottom, top with 2 Tablespoons cheesecake mixture. Sprinkle with lime zest and garnish with a pineapple wedge if desired.
Delicious to the very last spoonful.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.