Tastes just like a Reuben sandwich … but PIZZA style!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Frank’s Kraut®. The opinions are all my own.
October is National Pizza Month — I mean … National pizza month?? C’mon … that is something we can ALL get behind, right?
This pizza starts out like any other, with a homemade or pre-made 12 inch pizza crust, pre-baked. For the sauce, what else, but Thousand Island dressing!?
Then it all goes somewhere crazy good … that’s when you chop up your corned beef. I had my deli cut me a couple of big pieces about 1/2 inch thick. Then I cubed it up. My family LOVES corned beef. I not only had the kids standing around me swiping pieces as I put them in the bowl, I had two puppies at my feet begging for their share. Good thing I brought extra.
Sprinkle the pizza with cubed corned beef, top it with your drained Frank’s Kraut.
My favorite way to buy Frank’s Kraut is in their poly bags. Two pounds of sauerkraut, take out what you need, then pop the rest of it in an airtight container (I use a mason jar) and store it in the fridge.
The whole thing then gets sprinkled with both Swiss and Mozzarella cheese and baked to cheesy perfection!
Fresh out of the oven — and piping hot! I only wish you could smell it!
It was wonderful!
- 1 (12") pizza crust, pre-baked
- 1 pound Corned Beef, cut about ½" thick and cubed
- 1 cup Frank's Kraut
- ½ Thousand Island Dressing
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Pre-Bake crust for about 8 minutes, or until it just begins to brown.
- Top with dressing, then corned beef, then sauerkraut, then cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve piping hot!
Thanks again, to Frank’s for sponsoring this post. We all know sauerkraut is good, but do you realize how good it is FOR you? Check out the health benefits of sauerkraut today!