Nothing like a hot toddy to take the chill off — next time make it extra special, make it pumpkin spiced!
One of my favorite cool weather treats, meets the hit of the season.
Hot Toddy + Pumpkin Spice = Pumpkin Spice Hot Toddy!
There is something about wrapping your hands around a warm mug, steaming with your favorite beverage of choice. In the Fall and Winter I love to relax and unwind in the evening with a hot toddy. I make mine with hot water, honey, whisky and some spices. Typically nutmeg, cloves or cinnamon. I had this great idea to make them really fit the season and make them pumpkin spiced!
I have been having a great time with my Pumpkin Spice Syrup. I have used it in teas, coffees – both hot and cold, and even in ice cream!
When I was given the privilege of trying this Tate+Lyle® Honey Granules , I thought to myself, how magnificent it would be in a hot toddy — and heck, I was spot on! You have heard me mention, dozens of times , my true love affair with honey. I use it in my beverages, in my baking and my cooking. It has a flavor that is undeniably delicious. If you are a lover of honey, like me, I encourage you to give Tate + Lyle Honey Granules a try! It is deliciously sweet and an easy way to add honey flavor to your kitchen fare. Simply sprinkle Tate+Lyle® Honey Granules over cereals, into hot beverages, such as tea or spoon out to measure when cooking for a delicious honey flavor without the bother of a sticky mess. I have used the granules in a sweet bread, and the flavor was amazing! Honey granules can be substituted for liquid honey by using this conversion: 1 cup liquid honey = 1 cup Tate+Lyle® Honey Granules + ¼ cup additional liquid to recipe.
Sweeten Up Your Fall Drinks With Tate+Lyle® Honey Granules
I replaced the sugar in my pumpkin spice simple syrup, with the honey granules, and the outcome was delightful. When I mixed up my Hot Toddy, there was no need to add additional honey, the flavor was already right there.
- To make the Hot Toddy:
- 8 ounces hot water
- 1 shot (2.5 ounces) quality whisky
- 2-3 Tablespoons Pumpkin Spiced Syrup
- Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup using Tate + Lyle Honey Granules
- ¾ cup Tate + Lyle Honey Granules
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons good quality cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- To prepare syrup: Combine honey granules and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stirring until granules are completely dissolved. Add pumpkin and spices, stir until combined. Refrigerate and use for up to 3 weeks.
- To prepare Pumpkin Spiced Hot Toddy: Pour boiling water into mug, add in whisky and pumpkin spice syrup. Stir to combine. Sip and enjoy.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.