This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.
There is nothing scary about these super cute Pizza Monster Sandwiches, chicken nuggets & mozzarella cheese, grilled on garlic bread – A mouthful of fun!
Don’t you just love Halloween? As a kid I did, and still, to this day, I love going trick-or-treating with our kids. Walking through the neighborhoods, feet shuffling through crunchy multi-colored leaves, running from door to door and seeing the fun pumpkin carvings and decorations on everyone’s porches. Lugging that pillowcase full of candy, and the anticipation of dumping it all over the living room floor to see how many of your favorites made it into the bag!
Like any holiday, another tradition of ours is watching the classic Peanuts movies. I swear I can recite them. My kids love them, just like my brother and I did as kids. I can still picture he and I laying in front of our t.v. on the floor, each of us clutching our stuffed Snoopy.
Our kids (and us, too!) are super excited about the new PEANUTS MOVIE coming out on November 6, 2015. There is something about cheering for an underdog like Charlie Brown, am I right? Have you seen the MOVIE TRAILER? The show looks like it’s going to be so good!
Do you have a favorite Peanuts character? Who is it? I always loved Snoopy. Crazy little beagle!
Tyson Foods is an official partner with THE PEANUTS MOVIE. Their chicken nuggets and chicken strips are a family favorite and a great dinner/snack idea! Even perfect for movie watching.
Right now, you can pop into your local Sam’s Club and pick up a 5 pound bag of Tyson Chicken Nuggets or Chicken Strips — that’s enough to Feed Your Whole Gang! Tyson chicken nuggets are fully cooked and made with 100% all natural ingredients, and contain 12 grams of protein per serving. They are an easy finger food that kids love!
We had some fun with our nuggets the other night and made up these fun Pizza Monster Sandwiches!
Not only are they super fun to make (and look at!!) but they are delicious, too!
You simply start with prepared Tyson chicken nuggets, a loaf of bread, some homemade garlic butter, mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce and pepperoni. Make some garlic bread on your skillet, while it’s still hot, add 4-5 nuggets (depending on the size of bread,) some mozzarella cheese for the “fangs,” two sandwich sized slices of pepperoni, pizza sauce for the “blood,” and two green olives for the eyeballs.
Tip: Position the nuggets so the cheese “fangs” part on either side.
Aren’t they so fun?
I bet your kiddos would be super excited to have one of these before they went trick-or-treating — or before going to see the new PEANUTS MOVIE!
Have you PEANUTIZED yourself yet? The minute I saw the link I had to play around with it and see how I would look as a Peanuts character.
How do I look?
- For the Sandwiches:
- Tyson Chicken Nuggets (4 - 5 per sandwich depending on your bread size.)
- bread (2 slices per sandwich)
- Queen sized green olives (2 per sandwich)
- Sandwich sized pepperoni (2 per sandwich)
- Mozzarella cheese slices (2 per sandwich)
- Pizza Sauce
- toothpicks (2 per sandwich)
- To make the garlic butter:
- Whip 1 stick softened unsalted butter with 1½ teaspoons garlic salt and ½ teaspoon parsley
- Prepare nuggets according to the package instructions. Meanwhile prepare the garlic butter and get all of your ingredients ready to assemble!
- Butter both sides of each piece of bread and grill (like you would Texas toast) on your hot griddle.
- Remove and assemble sandwiches in this order: Bread on the bottom, then pizza sauce, then nuggets, then two pieces of cheese (staggered to look like fangs,) then pepperoni, top with other piece of bread and return to griddle to warm and let cheese melt slightly.
- Stick toothpicks into olives and into the top as eyeballs.
- Watch the kids smile!