Love Reubens? Love Baked potatoes? Then this Reuben Stuffed Baked Potato is going to rock your world!
My daughter has asked me to make these about 10 times since I made them a couple of weeks ago. She simply cannot wait until we have them again. I have to agree with her, they are pretty amazing!
I got the recipe from SauerKrautRecipes.com – and adapted it slightly. The flavors are amazing, and these potatoes are filling and perfect for a main course. It’s hard to call this one a side dish!
So, if you are looking for something new to make for dinner, why not try these! I bet you will love them, too!
- 1 good sized Russet potato
- ½ cup corned beef, chopped
- ¼ cup whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup Frank's Kraut, drained
- ¼ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and lightly dust the outside of the potato while still wet with sea salt. Bake for 45 minutes.
- While potato is baking mix together the corned beef, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut in a bowl.
- When potato is baked, carefully cut a slit in the potato lengthwise, and remove the potato insides, leaving just the skins.
- Mash the insides with the cream cheese. Fold in the sauerkraut mixture.
- Scoop back into the skins and top with Parmesan cheese and dust with paprika.
- Put back in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
HINT: I always stick a stainless steel skewer through my potatoes when I bake them They come out just like a restaurant.