I remember, as a kid, my mom would get us an Orange Julius at the mall from time to time. It was always a special treat for us. They were SO GOOD. Now, my kids love them, too.
Sometimes, when we have ice cream for an evening snack, we add OJ to our vanilla ice cream in the blender, and make a mock-orange Julius.
Awhile back I posted a recipe for a Dreamsicile Martini. Super yummy, too!
This drink is similar…but it’s just different. It really tastes like an Orange Julius!
If your kids are like mine, and drawn to pretty drinks like this when you have one, know that it tastes amazing without the vodka!
- 2 Tablespoons French vanilla coffee creamer
- 50 ml Vanilla Vodka (Whipped Vodka would be good, too)
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup milk
- sugar and orange zest for rimming glasses
- whipped cream, orange zest and orange slices for serving
- Fill a large martini glass with ice to chill for about 5 minutes.
- Pour about ¼ cup sugar onto a plate. Zest about 1 teaspoon of orange on top of the sugar. With the back of a fork, rub the zest and sugar together. This will be used for rimming your glass. Dampen with edge of the glass with water or some orange juice. Tip the glass upside down into the sugar, and coat the rim.
- In a martini shaker, with a handful of ice - add orange juice, creamer, milk and vodka. Shake well.
- Pour into the chilled glass, add an orange slice, top with whipped cream and a little orange zest. Serve immediately.