This month for my Secret Recipe Club Assignment I was given Andrea’s blog Adventures in All Things Food. Andrea is one busy blogger!! I spent a long time pursuing her posts to see what I would like to make for my May post. She has a wide array of things to chose from, I had thought about her Matcha Tea Ice cream or her Tropical Coconut Pizza. both of which I plan to try sometime, but I settled on this Peanut M&M Peanut Butter Pie.
(because Peanut M&M’s are my favorite in the M&M family!)
I love cookie crust on pies, and the idea of adding the M&Ms to the Oreos intrigued me.
After pulsing the cookie crumbs for the pie crust, you add the peanut M&M’s the the food processor and pulse them slightly, love the colors!
Even after it’s pre-baked the crust still looks colorful!
One of the first hot days of early summer, my kids requested Little King Salad for dinner. Although this salad is a hearty one, and tastes like eating a hoagie sandwich in a bowl, I thought it would be fun to have this for dessert!
What’s better than a surprise dessert on a Monday night?!
The kids enjoyed it, and then I sent the second half home to my daughter’s boyfriend’s family. He is a serious peanut butter fan… they LOVED it!
When I was growing up, peanut butter was for PB&J sandwiches or cookies, my mom didn’t cook much with it.
Peanut Butter ‘aint just for bread anymore, friends! 😉
Enjoy this pie for a special occasion, or just …maybe a Monday?!
I made her recipe exactly, with one slight change., I added more M&M’s the the top… because those are, my favorite! 🙂
- 25 chocolate sandwich cookies
- ⅓ c. Peanut M&M's
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1⅓ c. powdered sugar
- 8 oz. whipped topping, thawed
- ½ c. Peanut M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the crust, pulse up the sandwich cookies in a food processor, add the Peanut M&M's and pulse just so they are not whole. Mix in the melted butter and press into a pie plate. Bake for 5 minutes, until sets. Let the crust cool while you prepare the filling.
- In a stand mixer cream together the peanut butter and cream cheese.Mix in the powdered sugar and whip in the whipped topping. The mixture should be smooth and fluffy. Spoon into the cooled crust and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Before serving top with crushed Peanut M&M's.
See other great recipes from Secret Recipes Club Members here: